We are currently looking for a stitcher, working for Canopy (part of World of Tents group) in Renaix.
About World of Tents
World of Tents is a company whose heart and soul is in tents. It is the parent company of six tent brands, including Alpino, Canopy, Autentic and Alpinter. World of Tents and its brands are located in Renaix and employ about 30 people.
Due to the recent growth within our company, we are looking for a stitcher for the Alpino & Canopy confection workshop in Ronse. Alpino has been known for many years as a producer of the highest quality tents for scout and youth groups. Canopy develops, produces and customises folding tents for various customers, from market vendors to hospitals.
After a training period, you will be part of team of 5 stitchers. Within this team, you will participate in the production of different models of scout tents as well as in production of tops and side panels for the Canopy folding tents.
Profile and competences
- Stitcher / seamstress, preferably with several years of experience in a similar job.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- A diploma in cutting and sewing of large pieces, experience with industrial sewing machines, experience in cutting fabrics according to fixed patters are a great asset, but not a requirement.
- Language skills: French and/or Dutch
- Employment in the confection workshop in Renaix, Chaussée de Leuze 129.
- Full-time or 4/5 day schedule, to be determined in consultation.
- Sufficient training by colleagues during working hours.
- Work in a stable organisation with various opportunities.
- Possibility of permanent contract.
- Attractive salary package, consisting of meal vouchers, travel expenses, additional days of leave, contribution to work clothes, hospitalisation insurance, annual eco vouchers, …